To drive the appropriate use of pharmacologic agents as part of an effective and holistic strategy to improve mental health outcomes for children and families.
- Increase timely access to safe and effective psychotropic medications, including atypical antipsychotics.
- In the context of evidence-based therapies
- Improve health outcomes for these children.
- Reduce potential medication-related adverse effects.
A 25% reduction by July 30, 2014 in:
- The use of antipsychotic (AAP) medications in children less than 6 years of age.
- The use of 2 or more concomitant AAP medications for over 2 months duration.
- The use of 4 or more psychotropic medications in youth < 18 years of age.